18th -19th June, 2012
A Forum for Drama Writers, Producers and Executives
Experts: The visiting experts from US and UK will be joined by local Norwegian panelists. Those confirmed so far:
- David Shore, Creator and Showrunner, House
- Hart Hanson, Creator and Showrunner, Bones
- Jesse Cleverly, Connective Media, Transmedia Concepts and Storytelling
- James Kramer, Producer specialist in adaptation
MediaXchange has joined forces with the Norwegian Film Institute, TV Norge, TV2 and NRK, to provide a concentrated programme enabling Norwegian TV Drama executives, writers and producers to meet on the same ground to analyse and advance the process of creating successful television drama series.
This event falls in the middle of a 'Perfect Storm' for Norway reflected by recent successes in Scandinavia from The Millenium Trilogy, to The Killing and now Lilyhammer combined with impressive local talent and resources. This combination provides unprecedented potential for Norway to expand the local industry further and to make relationships in the international markets that will be sustainable far beyond the 'trend' being experienced today.
The Oslo Forum will take place in the NFI’s Tancred Theatre at The Filmhouse, Dronningens gate 16, Oslo 0152.
The fee to register for the Oslo Forum is NOK 1,000, Application deadline: 10th June. Click here to register.
Benefits to Participants:
• Share the experience of 5 of your Norwegian colleagues after their trip to Los Angeles for MediaXchange's Showrunner programme earlier this year.
• Immersion in proven US creative principles with experienced US Showrunners.
• Exposure to methods of European and International Co- Production.
• US and Scandinavian perspectives on the inspiration and successful management of creative teams.
• New storytelling and transmedia trends and models with current practitioners.
• Develop specific skills to enhance and deliver sustainable and returning TV series.
• Understand the elements behind the success of American drama series.
• Adapt this knowledge to European market practices.
• Learn best practices.
• Participate in excellent networking opportunities.
The Norwegian Film Institute's Tancred Theatre, Filmhouse, Dronningens gate 16, Oslo 0152. www.nfi.no
18th June, 9am-12.30pm
• Debrief with the Norwegian writers and producers who have spent time in the Hollywood Showrunner World.
• Scripted 1-hour US Dramas: examination of the writing and development process; story structure and character development; adaptation, formats and remakes.
• The Role of the Showrunner: writing, creative and management elements; adapting the US Showrunner role to European size projects.
• Q&A at end of each session.
19th June, 9am-1pm
• Transmedia Story Telling: The Story World; brand involvement; working with fans; multi-platform distribution; technology companies.
• European to Global Coproduction: game changers; new financial models; packaging; what Norway has to offer the international market.
• Norway Engaging the International Market: how to leverage Norway and Scandinavia's current profile; making and maintaining international relationships; US Agents and Managers and Resources.
• Concluding Q&A.